Relevance and Purpose of Knanayology Website
PRESERVE & PROMULGATE
Even after 1700 years of the existence of the Knanaya Community, only a few efforts were made to collect and preserve books, research articles, publications, and other media published all around the globe on the Knanaya Community. Though the Archdiocese of Kottayam has KART (Knanaya Academy for Research and Training) to conduct research, and JET (Msgr. Dr. Jacob Kollaparambil Educational Trust) to store published materials, they have the following limitations:
1. Most books, articles, and publications kept in JET are donated by some priests and laypeople in the community. Though this facility has a fair number of books related to Knanaya Community, other several resources available are not collected and preserved.
2. The existing facility is stationed in a building at Kaduthuruthy which limits the reach of researchers, interested readers, and historians around the world to know about the community.
3. Since the Knanaya Community is 17 centuries old, it is the right and responsibility of the community to preserve the records, books, and other relevant information pertained to the community for its forthcoming generations.
4. The Knanaites are now settled in 72 countries all over the world. It is not practical for them to travel to Kerala to learn more about the community. Many Knanaya youth, especially foreign students, do research on the Knanaya Community as part of their education. They have been struggling to access resources on the community for references to complete their projects.
Because of these reasons, the Knanaya Community has a long felt need to collect, preserve, and share the resources on the roots, history, faith, traditions, and contributions of the Knanaya Community.
Knanayology website maintained by Knanaya Global Foundation NFP provides all types of resources, including documents, books, articles, photos, audios, and videos available all over the world on Knanaya Community under one website to help research and studies on the Knanaya Community. This concept is developed by a team comprising Fr. Abraham Mutholath, Jaimon Nanthikattu, and Bijo Karakkattu, with the approval of His Grace Mar Mathew Moolakkatt, Archbishop of Kottayam and with the blessings of Mar Joseph Pandarasseril, and Geevarghese Mor Aprem, the auxiliary bishops of Kottayam. The resource team from India are Rev. Dr. Mathew Kochadampallil, Rev. Dr. George Karukaparambil MSP, and Rev. Fr. Byju Mukalel MSP. We work in collaboration with KART (Knanaya Academy for Research and Training) and JET (Dr. Jacob Kollaparambil Educational Trust). We started the website development on July 20, 2019.
Knanayology’s vision is to collect maximum resources on the Knanaya Community and make them easily accessible online for all who would like to study on the community.
Mission StatementKnanayology Team is committed to collect and make available online the resources on Knanaya Community for general information, studies, and research on the Knanaya Community.
- 2019 September 28Establishment of Knanaya Foundation Inc. in the State of Illinois in the U.S.A.
- 2019 October 2The Secretary of State of Illinois filed the Articles of Incorporation of Knanaya Foundation Inc. under Business Corporation Act.
- 2019 October 3The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the Department of the Treasury assigned Employer Identification Number for this corporation.
- 2019 October 26Inauguration of Knanaya Global Foundation at Chaithanya Pastoral Centre, Kottayam by Archbishop Mar Mathew Moolakkattu. Fr. Abraham Mutholath, Jaimon Nanthikattu, and Bijo Karakkatt are the founders.
- 2020 November 9The Secretary of the State filed the Articles of Incorporation of the Knanaya Global Foundation NFP under General Not for-Profit Corporation Act.
- 2020 November 17The Internal Revenue Service assigned Employer Identification Number for Knanaya Global Foundation (KGF)
- 2021 March 20Launching of the renewed website and first anniversary celebration of Knanayology at Impact Center, Cherpunkal by Archbishop Mar Mathew Moolakkatt.
- 2021 March 24Because of operational limitations, the incorporators dissolved the Knanaya Foundation Inc. by filing the final tax return to IRS
Fr. Abraham Mutholath, Jaimon Nanthikattu, and Bijo Karakkatt.
For feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Knanaya Global Foundation NFP, a non-profit organization registered in IL, USA that also undertakes many other projects on worldwide Knanaya Community hosts Knanayology.